A trusted leader in providing faith-based, integrated health care, Franciscan Alliance brings together the latest technology, innovative procedures and the brightest, most compassionate people to serve our patients in Indiana, Illinois and Michigan. Throughout our 14 hospitals and many medical practices, we offer a number of nationally recognized Centers of Health Care Excellence.
For more than 140 years, Franciscan Alliance has stayed true to our founding mission to care for everyone who comes through our doors. We treat our patients with the best possible care by following the guiding ethical values embodied by our founding congregation, the Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration. Always mindful of our Christian stewardship to the Roman Catholic Church, we minister with joy, care and compassion according to the ideals of St. Francis of Assisi and our founder, Mother Maria Theresia Bonzel.
Our health care system carries forth Christ’s healing ministry and strengthens the Catholic health care mission by:
- Providing a broad, coordinated continuum of health care services with an emphasis on improving the health of persons and communities.
- Treating the mind, body and spirit with holistic and comprehensive medical options.
- Developing creative structures for health care delivery.
- Being advocates for those in need.
- Identifying and developing our sisters and laity for Franciscan leadership.