When you volunteer, you follow in the footsteps of Christ by helping others. Franciscan St. Anthony Health's volunteers help hospital personnel deliver quality health care by assisting with non-medical tasks. Our volunteers develop skills and knowledge in a “learn by doing” program while establishing good relationships between the hospital and the community.
Many types of volunteer opportunities are available at Franciscan St. Anthony Health. Your gift of time truly makes a difference in the lives of our patients and your community.
Call (219) 757-6347 for more information or to volunteer.
Volunteers are men, women and teenagers who:
- Come from all walks of life, but share a common desire to help others
- Contribute time and service to assist Franciscan St. Anthony Health in non-medical service to patients
- Possess a cheerful, pleasant attitude and willingness to take an interest in the patient, his or her family and visitor
- Demonstrate trustworthiness, dependability and promptness in responding to assignments
- Participate in the hospital orientation and the required volunteer training program
- Observe hospital regulations and wear the designated volunteer uniform and hospital identification badge
- Maintain all patient information in strict confidence
When do volunteers work?
Volunteers usually work once or twice a week for three to four hours at a time. Volunteers are needed seven days a week during the morning, afternoon and evening hours.
How will I know what to do?
All volunteers attend a group orientation and have a minimum of two days training to familiarize them with the hospital and volunteer operations. In addition, when volunteers first assume their responsibilities, they work with other volunteers in the same position until they feel comfortable.
A few of our volunteer opportunities:
- Admission: Greet, escort and transport patients
- Auxiliary Boutique: Sales and customer service in the Gift Shop&
- Mail or flower delivery to patient rooms
- Data entry
- Create crafts to sell
- Floor host
- Clerical/Assistant work
- Spiritual care
- Student volunteers
- Surgery: Accompany patient to surgery
- Surgery waiting room hostess
For more information
Have questions or need additional information about volunteer services and opportunities? Call (219) 757-6347.