The Burrell Cancer Center is equipped with sophisticated medical equipment to treat a wide spectrum of cancers, as well as to monitor and manage pain.
- Diagnostic center with modern medical technology to detect all types of cancer.
- A full range of treatment services such as radiation therapy, lymphedema services, outpatient infusion therapy, chemotherapy and blood transfusion.
- The Burrell Cancer Screening Program offers comprehensive cancer screening services at low cost.
- Comprehensive outpatient and inpatient surgical services.
- A dedicated unit for oncology, including a family room with kitchenette and other amenities for loved ones.
- Support services such as counseling, motivation and spiritual care.
The Burrell Cancer Center offers patients the latest weapons in the fight against cancer at our Radiation Oncology Center. At the focus of this cancer treatment center is the Trilogy Linear Accelerator, which underscores the center’s commitment to providing state-of-the-art, minimally invasive treatment with pinpoint accuracy.
When an inpatient stay is required for surgery or during critical phases of cancer treatment, the Burrell Cancer Center’s oncology unit provides tender care. Caregivers in our inpatient unit have highly specialized skills to see patient through cancer treatment and the compassion to make them feel as comfortable as possible.
Cancer Screening Program
We know that early detection of cancer saves lives. In fact, cancer survival rates have increased dramatically in recent years because of early detection. That’s why our cancer treatment center established Northwest Indiana’s first comprehensive cancer screening program. The program provides a personal risk assessment, prevention education and screenings. The low-cost screenings – availability determined by American Cancer Society guidelines – include breast, prostate, cervical, colorectal, testicular, head and neck, and skin.
Our patient navigation program can help you:
- Obtain information on valuable resources available throughout the course of your treatment.
- Improve your access to health services and information.
- Enhance your health care experience.
- Help to make sure you know when and where to go for your appointments.
- Make the delivery of your care more efficient.
- Facilitate interaction and communication with health care staff and providers.
Informational meetings about our Patient Navigation program are held on the fourth Tuesday of each month from 3 p.m.-4:30 p.m. Call (219) 757-6407 or (219) 757-6008 for more information about dates, times and meeting locations or to simply learn more about the program.
For more information
Have questions or need additional information about the Burrell Cancer Center and cancer services at Franciscan St. Anthony Health - Crown Point? Call us at (219) 757-6285.