Crown Point Emergency Care When and Where You Need It
Franciscan St. Anthony Health - Crown Point provides the Crown Point, Lake County and surrounding Northwest Indiana communities with a state-of-the-art emergency facility, open 24-hours a day, seven days a week. Equipped with advanced medical technology, our emergency team of specially trained physicians and nurses treats more than 32,000 patients each year, including trauma, stroke, cardiac, and other life-threatening conditions in adults and children.
- Board-certified physicians
- Highly specialized nursing staff, including those trained and certified in emergency medicine, ACLS (Advance Cardiac Life Support), PALS (Pediatric Advance Life Support, TNCC (Trauma Nursing Core Course), and ENPC (Emergency Nurses Pediatric Course).
- Certified technicians available to administer diagnostic tests such as x-rays and ultrasounds
- Emergency and cardiac teams working together in our accredited Chest Pain Center around-the-clock to stop heart attacks in their tracks.
Emergency Department Features
- 25 total beds - with the ability to make each room latex free.
- Seven-bed "Fast Track" area to treat minor injuries. This area is open during our peak hours of patient volume, and allows minor cases to be treated in a more timely fashion yet with the same quality care associated with more intensive problems.
- Designated trauma bays to handle internal and external disasters, including a decontamination room and decontamination tent for external use.
- Special amenities for pediatric patients to feel more comforted in the emergency environment.
- Equipped to treat OBYGN, orthopedic and wound emergencies.
- Center of Hope: Victims of sexual assault are actively treated in a quiet, compassionate and non-traumatic way.
- Helipad to accept or transfer patients by air ambulance.
Other Emergency and Urgent Care Services
Franciscan St. Anthony offers additional emergency and urgent care medical services:
If this is an emergency, call 911.
Be prepared and know what to do if someone needs help.