nciscan St. Francis Health is committed to providing our patients with the highest quality of care. Our top national rankings and an ever-growing list of honors certainly reaffirms that commitment.
But we never rest on our laurels - at Franciscan St. Francis we're always finding ways to get better, so our patients can, too.
Our programs are also accredited by the following organizations:
Franciscan St. Francis Health is the only teaching hospital in Indiana to receive the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™ three years in a row and is ranked among the top 5 percent of all hospitals in the country for overall clinical performance.
Other honors for the hospital system include:
- 100 Top Hospitals®
- Blue Distinction Centers from the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2012)
- Recipient of the HealthGrades 2010/2011 Outstanding Patient Experience Award™
The Center for Hip & Knee Surgery, located at Franciscan St. Francis Hospital-Mooresville, is recognized as one of the leading total joint replacement centers in the world, internationally known for its extensive patient follow-up, leading-edge research and new technology and procedures to improve patients’ quality of life.
- The Center has been ranked No. 1 in Indiana for joint surgery five years in a row (2007-2011) by HealthGrades, one of the nation’s premier health care rating companies.
- The American Cancer Society has recognized Franciscan St. Francis with a Five-Star Investor Award and a Five-Star Community Investor Award in the fight against cancer.
- Franciscan St. Francis Health is rated No. 6 for critical care in Indiana for 2013 by HealthGrades.
- The hospital is also a Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis (HealthGrades, 2013).
- Franciscan St. Francis Health received the HealthGrades Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award in 2013 from HealthGrades.
- HealthGrades also rated St. Francis Health No. 4 for GI services in Indiana for 2013.
- Franciscan St. Francis Health received the HealthGrades Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award in 2013 from HealthGrades. The hospital was ranked No. 3 for general surgery in Indiana in 2013.
- The St. Francis Health Emergency Heart Attack Response Team (EHART), a dramatically faster method of treating a heart attack that greatly improves the patient's chances of making a full recovery, has been recognized by the nation's top heart specialists and organizations—even earning a write-up in Circulation. In fact, the protocol has been requested by over 240 hospitals and heart experts across the country and the world.
- Nationally, received Five-Star ratings from Healthgrades for overall cardiac services, cardiology services, valve repair and replacement surgery (2012-2013), coronary interventional procedures (2012-2013), treatment of heart attack in 2012, and for treatment of heart failure for five consecutive years (2008-2012)
- In Indiana, No. 1 for overall cardiac services and ranked among the top five for cardiac surgery, cardiology services and coronary interventional procedures.
- Franciscan St. Francis also was named one of HealthGrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care and Coronary Intervention and Excellence Awards in those two areas (2012).
- Recipient of the Cardiac Care Excellence AwardTM from HealthGrades (2012)
- Recipient of the Coronary Intervention Excellence AwardTM from HealthGrades (2012)
- The Cardiac Screening Center at Franciscan St. Francis Health received the Tony and Mary Hulman Health Achievement Award from the Indiana Public Health Foundation, Inc., in 2008.
Award-winning care. State-of-the-art equipment. A caring, highly trained staff.
Franciscan St. Francis is proud to be a health care leader for the people of Central Indiana. How can we serve you?
Find a Doctor > Our locations >