Professional Behavioral Health Services through Franciscan St. Francis Health in Indianapolis
While mental health is often thought of as how we think, feel and act, it can also impact how we handle stress, relate to others and make choices – from childhood and the teen years through adulthood.
Many factors contribute to mental health problems, including:
- Biology – your family history, or brain chemistry
- Life experiences, such as abuse, trauma or chronic stress
About one in five adults do experience a mental health issue, and one in 10 young people have experienced a period of major depression. Many people with mental health problems can get better. The first step is getting help.
If you or a loved one is experiencing any of the following symptoms or issues, our experts in behavioral health can help.
- Poor self-esteem
- Lack of motivation
- Family conflict
- Substance abuse/ addictions
- Parenting concerns
- Marital/couple discord
- Social isolation
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- School-related problems
Family difficulties, career pressures or even a single traumatic event can impact your behavioral health. A person in crisis may experience anxiety, depression, thought disturbances, loss of self-worth or, in extreme situations, contemplation of self-destructive behaviors. Talk to your primary care doctor or another health professional about mental health problems. Ask them to connect you with the right mental health services.
At Franciscan St. Francis Health, we understand these difficulties and have the professional expertise in behavioral health to help people regain their stability and learn to cope.
Mental health services at Franciscan St. Francis Health - Indianapolis include:
- Outpatient Counseling Services and Support Groups: Franciscan St. Francis Health's outpatient behavioral health services treat adults, children and adolescents experiencing mental illness or behavioral or emotional problems. Crisis intervention services, chemical dependency services as well as classes and support groups are available.
- Psychiatrists through Franciscan Physician Network Psychiatric Specialists: Psychiatrists are physicians who specialize in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of mental health and emotional problems. Because they are physicians, psychiatrists can order or perform a full range of medical and psychological tests that provide a complete picture of a patient’s physical and mental state. Psychiatrists use a wide variety of treatments – including various forms of psychotherapy, medications, and hospitalization – according to the needs of each patient.
- Employee Assistance Program: Your company may be working with Franciscan St. Francis Health to provide counseling and mental health services for its employees and their family members. This voluntary service lets employees and their family members seek confidential help when necessary.
- Other support groups to assist people who are coping with grief, the stresses of diseases and conditions, parenting issues, and more.
Need help now?
Call Franciscan St. Francis Health’s 24-hour crisis line: (317) 782-6495 or toll-free (800) 509-5111