At Franciscan St. Francis Health, our physicians, nurses and medical professionals are committed to providing exceptional heart and vascular care and believe in a multidisciplinary team approach that has led to results that are among the best in the nation. In fact, Franciscan St. Francis Health
is the first in Indiana to be named an Aetna Institute of Quality® Cardiac Care Facility
for comprehensive heart and vascular treatment.
Our vision combines superb patient care and the research necessary to discover the treatments of tomorrow. We have recruited the finest doctors and nurses, and join them in a relentless pursuit of the medical innovations needed to provide the most comprehensive heart and vascular care for patients.
When you or a loved one is in need of heart or vascular care, choosing the right hospital is vital. St. Francis Health is a recognized world leader in the diagnosis and treatment of heart and vascular disease and is offering new hope for patients with complex conditions.
About Franciscan St. Francis Heart Center
Our state-of-the-art facility and techniques, together with the caring and compassion of our outstanding team of heart and vascular professionals, make Franciscan St. Francis the premier destination for total heart care.
- Cardiologists and surgeons at Franciscan St. Francis are known for treating the most complex cases using the latest devices and participating in cutting-edge research.
- Our nationally recognized Emergency Heart Attack Response Team protocol has transformed heart attack care and been replicated by more than 300 hospitals across the globe.
- Franciscan St. Francis is the only award-winning hospital in South Central Indiana able to perform emergency heart and vascular surgery without transferring patients to another facility.
- A cardiologist is present 24/7/365 and cardiovascular surgeons are ready to perform the most complex surgery around the clock.
- Our Heart Center was first in the world to use groundbreaking technology allowing patients to re-grow heart tissue.
- Franciscan St. Francis offers a world-renowned mitral valve repair surgery program and innovative interventional and surgical care.
- Surgeons at Franciscan St. Francis were first in America to use next generation heart valve technology during surgery.
- Franciscan St. Francis was one of the first hospitals in the nation to use a ground-breaking medical device to open narrowed coronary arteries for diabetic patients.
- Our Heart Center has the most advanced imaging technology for cardiac CT, MRI and 3-D echocardiography.
- Physicians, nurses and other health professionals at Franciscan St. Francis are committed to providing community health screenings, education and prevention techniques to promote healthy lifestyles.