The Franciscan St. Francis Health Pain Center is a multi-disciplinary treatment center committed to providing our patients with the highest level of clinical excellence in pain management.
We provide comprehensive, specialized care in a setting attentive to the whole person: body, mind and spirit. The Franciscan St. Francis Health Pain Center is directed by physicians who are board-certified in pain management, anesthesiology, physical medicine and rehabilitation. They work in collaboration with our board-certified pain management nurse practitioner, our board-certified pain management nurse manager and our specially trained, all-RN clinical staff.
Our treatment and services are closely linked to those of several other medical treatment centers, including:
In addition to traditional therapies, the Pain Center recognizes and accepts the role of many complementary therapies in pain management, including healing touch, aromatherapy and creative visualization and relaxation therapy before, during and after procedural treatments.
Outpatient Pain Clinic
Our outpatient pain clinic evaluates and helps patients manage various types of acute and chronic pain. Our goals are to help our patients:
- Minimize pain and suffering
- Improve quality of life
- Increase function
- Regain control of their lives
Types of pain treated include:
Referring Patients to the Franciscan St. Francis Pain Center
The Franciscan St. Francis Health Pain Center is a physician referral-based clinic. Referrals are accepted from primary care and all specialties. Referrals can be made for evaluation and treatment or for specific procedural care.
To make a referral:
- Complete the Pain Center referral form.
- Fax along with patient demographics and pertinent clinical information to (317) 528-7118.
- Your referral will be traiged by our nurse navigator to ensure your patient is placed with the appropriate provider. (You may request a specific provider) Call (317) 528-6823 with any questions.
- Your patient will be notified to set up an appointment for care.
Make an appointment.
Patients who are interested in pain management services at Franciscan St. Francis Health should contact their primary care physician about a referral to the center.