There is no one way to lose weight. If you have 20 pounds or more to lose, the Franciscan St. Francis Weight Loss Center can help with a customized medical weight loss program to meet your individual needs.
Our bariatric physicians conducts a full medical evaluation of each patient. Based on evaluation results, our physicians and staff create an individualized treatment plan.
Weight loss plans can include:
- Working with a registered dietitian to set goals for healthy eating. These may include an individualized meal plan, monitoring your own eating habits, and ongoing dietary counseling.
- Meeting regularly with a behavioral counselor to help you transition to a healthier lifestyle.
- Supplementing exercise and healthy eating habits with prescribed medication.
Individual or group weight loss program: Which is right for you?
How do you know if an individual or group weight loss program is right for you?
Start by answering these simple questions:
- Are you confident in your ability to follow a weight loss program?
- Are you comfortable interacting in a group?
- Do you desire support from others losing weight?
- Do you prefer structured sessions with clear objectives?
- Are you willing to discuss your personal progress in front of others?
If you answered “yes” to most questions, you may be able to succeed in a group program. If you answered “no” to most questions, you may do better working individually.
If you would like personal assistance in losing weight, we provide medical weight loss programs designed by Indianapolis' first board-certified bariatric physician.
Still not sure?
You do not need a physician referral to schedule your appointment with our medical weight loss clinic, though insurance companies vary on coverage of medical weight loss services and their requirements.
Schedule an appointment
To schedule your first appointment with our medical weight loss program, call (317) 528-7525.