Clinical research provides new ways to think about disease treatment and possible cures. It offers patients the opportunity to tap into advanced treatment options. For some patients, clinical trials may even provide the hope of treatment where there is no existing drug or regimen available.
Franciscan St. Anthony’s Clinical Research Center, a self-contained research facility located within the hospital, conducts second- and third-wave drug trials that encompass all medical specialties. Patients who enroll in drug trials are able to access medications that have already shown promise in human studies months — sometimes years — before they are available to the public.
The Research Team
Our research team is motivated by the hope that treatments will be found for some of the most serious diseases and is committed to providing patients with the most recent advancements in treatment.
Features and Amenities
- Access to advancement treatment options
- Board-certified physicians as well as a staff of experienced registered nurses, phlebotomists and other support personnel
- An affiliate of the Carle Cancer Center Community Clinical Oncology Program
- 26 semi-private rooms that have both television and bathrooms
- Flat-screen televisions in a lounge; Portable DVD players that can be checked out
- Computer cafe with internet access; wireless internet
- Meals for the duration of your stay
Am I a candidate?
If you have a chronic illness, such as heart disease, asthma, diabetes, cancer, and would like to become a participant at Franciscan St. Anthony Health's Clinical Research Center, please consult with your doctor or call (219) 861-8817.